December 3, 2014, 7:00 pm
First Evangelical Lutheran Church
Corner of Chatham Road/Frederick Road
Education Building, 2nd Floor
AGENDA FOR DECEMBER 3 GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING:
- 2014 ANNUAL REPORT OF SJCA ACCOMPLISHENTS: new website, Northfield Sidewalk and Pathway through Dunloggin Park, updated bylaws, new committees and more
- 2014 COMMITTEE REPORTS: Local Business, Northfield/Crescent Safety, and newly formed Water Mitigation
- 2014 TREASURER’S REPORT; ANNUAL BUDGET
- MEMBER-PROPOSED BYLAW AMENDMENT (Current Bylaws were adopted at the 2 April 2014 General Membership Meeting and are available at www.mysjca.org; proposed deletion is struck through; new language is in bold type)
10.1. ANNUAL BUDGET: The
Board of Governors Members shall adopt an Annual Budget for the succeeding year. In the event an Annual Budget has not been adopted prior to the start of any year, the Board of Governors shall follow the immediate prior year’s budget until a new Annual Budget is adopted. Once the Annual Budget is approved, no line item may change more than ten percent (10%) without further approval of the Board of Governors. The Annual Budget will be maintained by the Treasurer and is available to the Members upon request.
(NOTE: A “Member” is defined in the Bylaws as a household that pays dues as set forth in Section 3.3 of the Bylaws.)
- NOMINATING COMMITTEE REPORT / NOMINATIONS FROM THE FLOOR / BRIEF BIOGRAPHY OF NOMINEES
- ELECTION OF SJCA BOARD OF GOVERNORS (five Officer positions and four District Representatives)
- RECOGNITION OF OUTGOING BOARD MEMBERS
- NEW BUSINESS: LAND USE ISSUES (St. John’s Lane – 4033 multifamily and 4040 infill) and FACEBOOK PROTOCOL
ELECTRONIC INFORMATION; REQUEST FOR PAPER OPTION
With this flyer, the SJCA Board of Governors gives notice that, due to rising costs and availability of information through electronic means, the SJCA will no longer routinely send paper mailings to inform or update households of SJCA meetings and activities. There are many alternative ways to stay informed:
- Sign up for the e-mail list and receive information directly in your inbox (Strongly encouraged!) Go to www.mysjca.org, then, ‘Subscribe to our email newsletter,’ enter your email address, and click ‘SUBMIT.’ Multiple e-mail addresses per household are permitted.
- Check the SJCA website (www.mysjca.org), the SJCA Facebook account (Saint John’s Community Association), and/or Nextdoor Dunloggin for news.
- Request paper/hard-copy information. The SJCA Board of Governors realizes that some people require paper/hard-copy information due to limited access to electronic information. If you are in that situation, you may request to receive paper/hard-copy information by completing the form below and checking the “I REQUIRE A PAPER COPY” box. If you request paper copies and are not yet a member please consider becoming a member to help offset printing and mailing costs.
TO RENEW OR START YOUR MEMBERSHIP:
SJCA membership is $20 per year per household. Membership entitles a household to one vote on matters presented to the membership for a vote (for example, annual elections). Membership runs by calendar year. To renew or start your membership, you may (1) go to the SJCA website, www.mysjca.org, and pay via PayPal, (2) fill out and return the form below with cash or check; or (3) attend the December General Membership Meeting and pay at the door. To vote at the December General Membership Meeting you must be current on your 2014 dues. The form below also provides an option to pay your 2015 dues at this time. SJCA also provides the opportunity to make additional contributions to THE FRIENDS OF THE WHIPPS CEMETERY AND MEMORIAL GARDENS, INC. and DUNLOGGIN NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH. If you choose to do so, follow the instructions on the SJCA website or complete the form below and note your contributions on the check memo line.
******************* DUES and PAPER COPY REQUEST FORM *******************
Mail form with payment to: SJCA, P.O. Box 1865, Ellicott City, MD 21041-1865. Make checks payable to 'SJCA'.
____ Annual SJCA Membership: $20/household
____ Whipps Cemetery and Memorial Gardens: $_______ (please indicate amount)
____ Dunloggin Neighborhood Watch: $ ______ (please indicate amount)
Name(s) _______________________________________________________ Phone: ___________________________
Street Address: ______________________________________Email: Sign up on the website
___ I require a paper copy of information. SJCA dues are not tax-deductible. SJCA makes no representation about the tax deductibility of donations to Whipps or Dunloggin Neighborhood Watch. Please contact those organizations directly for additional information.