On August 6th, the Northfield/Crescent Safety Committee of the Saint Johns Community Association was briefed by the project manager for Howard County Capital Project K-3035. The safety improvements included in the project are everything the Safety Committee requested and more. Weather permitting, the project should be completed by the beginning of the school year (Monday, August 25th).
Project construction will produce:
- A 6-8 foot wide macadam pedestrian pathway through Dunloggin Park linking the Whitehall/Crescent crosswalk to Northfield Road
- Widening of the Northfield/Crescent Road corner so school busses may turn safely there
- Leveling Northfield Road west of Crescent Road
- A concrete sidewalk with standard 7 inch curbs, gutters, and curb cuts allowing handicapped access as mandated by ADA standards on Northfield Road west of Crescent
- Parallel parking for 10-11 cars off Northfield Road across from Northfield Elementary School
- Paving and striping of the old gravel lot across from Northfield Elementary School to maximize parking spaces there
Thanks to Ann Haynie Green of the Northfield/Crescent Safety Committee for this information.
Thanks. I was ready to assist in the next phase of the project- but can not find any contact information re: the sidewalk.
Dan, I am co-chair of Northfield/Crescent Safety Committee with Sara Siemers.
Please register to speak or post comments online at County Executive 2016 Budget Hearing TONIGHT at 7 PM George Howard Building in Ellicott City.
Sidewalk on Northfield Road is in design stage with report to affected homeowners in January. Mr.Abeye Girma is County contact. email@example.com for questions.
I have your information for next Northfield/Crescent Safety Committee meeting.
Meanwhile John Weinstein is our County Council representative jweinstein@ howardcountymd.gov